4 Ways Content marketing Increases your PR
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organisation (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organisation) and the public.
PR has always been and remains a professional occupation to which many businesses pay highly to receive this type of attention for their business. The objective of a PR company is to gain maximum exposure for their clients via a variety of media.
The birth of social media afforded anyone the opportunity to be exposed to a massive audience. This is evident not just for traditional small business but also for the creative entrepreneur. The YouTube Stars, Instagram famous, Viner’s and more all have created massive public following via these social media platforms.
Has Social Media been the death of PR companies? Naturally, it has been a nightmare for many old fashioned PR firms and will have brought the death to some. Others will have used social media to their benefit to help their clients’ information spread.
It is with this leveraging of social media business can outsource to other professionals or do the work in house.
All while utilising the main goals of PR:
- Establish yourself as a leader in your industry
- Grow your customer base
- Grow and nurture your community of followers
- Blog, yes there is always plenty of talk about having a blog. The most successful blogs are a massive asset to their business, their brand and their followers. Unique content that people love will be shared and your community of followers will grow. Again this can be done in-house or outsourced to profession writers. Like anything you need to do it well or don’t do it at all.
- Get it shared, you can share it yourself through social media, your database etc. You can send it to other industry professionals and influencers with the explicit purpose of them sharing it with their community.
- Be a guest or have a guest, collaborate with your content, share other peoples and have them share yours. Get your content spread across a wider client base.
- Be an expert, aim to get your expertise and your content shared on major platforms like Huffington post, Forbes, Entrepreneur and any other major platform to help with your exposure.
Content marketing and PR go hand in hand and when done well will get you and your business out into the world. Remember that you always need to be marketing your business. Throughout the good times, you must continue to market your business and grow your presence – content marketing is perfect for this.
If you enjoyed this blog – make sure you subscribe