The SEO benefits of blogging
Last weeks blog gave you 6 tips for B2B Marketing – This week lets look at a B2B blog.
Now for any business, a blog is a great way to connect with your audience and to help them to engage with your business. The added benefit is that it is also great for SEO and building your online reputation. According to the Content Marketing Institute, 76% of marketers say that a blog is a vital part of their strategy.
My Sassy Business has been producing a weekly blog for a very long time. If you are a subscriber you will know that it is consistently delivered week in week out. That said, it is a lot of work but it is vital to my success as a business.
Note: You don’t have to be a B2B business to benefit from blogging, it is amazing for B2C businesses too.
What is a blog
- A blog is an area of your website where you regularly produce new content
- It is around 500 words in length, longer blogs index well on google so write longer 2000 or 2500 ones too
- The content is relevant to your audience of ideal clients
- A B2B blog helps educate its followers
- There will be several categories for ease of navigation to older posts
- It builds trust in your knowledge
- Takes time and effort to do properly long-term
- According to HubSpot, B2B business that blog generate 67% more leads each month than those who do not blog at all.
How much does it cost
Blogging doesn’t have to cost you much at all. If you write the blogs yourself and publish them to your existing website and email them to your database, it only costs time. Don’t worry if you are not the best writer in the world, over time you will improve and you can always outsource to someone else.
Remember, you can outsource the writing, publishing, emailing, sharing to social media and more if you are too busy or you are not interested in doing it yourself. It is going to cost you money, but if these things are done well you will generate business. Therefore the cost of blogging must be accounted for just like any other marketing activity and budgeted accordingly.
If you want a price to outsource these aspects, speak to Kelly at My Sassy Business.
What SEO outcomes can you expect
- People who want to do business with you are able to find you because you have more content for Google to index.
- The content will show up in search results for the people looking for answers
- The keywords you use and the optimisation of those keywords are what is going to get you found.
- Great blog titles with your key terms will get you found
- The right people find you because the right content is being indexed
Conversions will increase – Regular followers of your blog appreciate your efforts and work to build on those relationships. In other words, you build trust and connections using blogs.
What is your buyers’ journey
Everyone you do business with has taken a journey towards saying yes. Blogging is a great way to engage your buyers and improve conversions. If the content is aimed correctly it can help with the decision making process. Remember to provide a call to action in your blog as this is all part of the buyers’ journey. The call to action should send your readers to where you want them to take action, eg. contact form or subscription. Do you know and plan the journey for your potential clients to take? If you need help creating this journey, speak to Kelly @ My Sassy Business.
Blogging can be a huge benefit to your business and by doing it well it is going to generate business for your business. Not all business understand these benefits or make them part of their marketing strategy – take the time to stand out from the crowd and generate content that your new and existing clients will benefit from.
If you enjoyed this blog – make sure you subscribe