Why Content Marketing it is all about the Audience
Marketing and the essence of marketing never really changes – You are aiming to talk to your people so they want to do business with you.
In so many of my blogs and every time I speak with a client, I speak about…Your Ideal Client
If you don’t have a clear and conscience description of your ideal client, whom they are and where to find them – Call me!
Content Marketing – It’s all about the Audience
So when you are creating content, you are creating content for your ideal client.
- What does your ideal client want to read
- Do they have questions they need answering
- How personalized is your content
- Where are they looking for content
- How often do they want content
- Who else is providing them with content
- Don’t forget to be consistent
Types of Content
Content is not just blogs and blogging in general – What content do your ideal clients want?
- White Papers
Content Marketing is nothing new but it is not just “whoever produces the most content wins” either. It is ‘whoever produces the most read, relevant, shared and talked about content” wins.
Plus if you have been doing content marketing for a while, you will be improving and getting the results you want.
If you are just starting out with content marketing – the best advice is to just do it. Write how you speak and use a strong active voice. The more you write, the better you will get and if you monitor your website activity you will see the results.
You don’t know what to say
- Answer the questions your ideal clients are looking for and use statistics to back up your knowledge.
- Include great images, link to other content and have a call to action as part of your content.
Make the content as personal as you can. Showcase studies that people can relate to. Use testimonials from people and ask for testimonials too.
- Ask your ideal clients what they want you to provide them with
- Get people you know in business to provide guest blogs or content
- Collaborate with another business that can add benefits to your ideal clients through content
- Give content that is negative “The worst coffee ever”
- Given content that is positive (I bet the negative gets more traffic J)
- Remind people to subscribe to your content and to share it
The more evergreen your content is the more return you can expect. Evergreen content is content without an expiry date. What this means is that you can share it, others can share it and you and everyone else can share it again and again.
With your evergreen content, it must also be worthy of sharing. You should aim to write an article that people will want to share and they will want to talk about. This evergreen article needs to be high quality and substantial in length, images and more. It should be cornerstone content on your website and absolutely relevant to your ideal clients.
The importance of a great title
Think about when you are reading, the first thing you do is look at the title. If the title interests you, you keep reading – this is what you want your followers to do too. They should be enticed to read on and love your content so much they want to share it with someone else.
A word of caution though – Don’t give away everything that you know. I have seen many businesses fall into the trap of giving everything away for free. Free is not a business plan.
If you enjoyed this blog, make sure you subscribe and naturally I would love you to share it too.