How to expose your business online
How do you expose your business online in this very busy market place?
I am regularly hearing from and reading about business who are looking for new ways or the best ways to get found by anyone who will pay them for their products or services.
If you are a new business or not so well known businesses this can be difficult.
It can also be challenging for a business who has been around for a while. You may have relied on referrals to grow your business or you may have had a large client disappear. What do you do now?
With any type of marketing, consistency is key – You need to keep marketing even when you are busy. If you wait until things are quiet it can be difficult to get things running quickly.
There is more competition than ever online and it is only increasing. Content in its many varied forms provides you with lots of ways to reach your ideal clients. Your content strategy should be audience focussed so you need to know exactly who your ideal clients are.
Do you know your ideal clients!
What next – do you write a blog, create a podcast, Youtube channel, spend money on ads, etc.
Well, this depends on your business and your audience or ideal clients. Make sure you know where and how they consume their content.
- Blogs can be an amazing way of your website getting found and traffic moving around your website.
- You can write for other websites and publications
- Guest blogging or providing sponsored content on other websites that you know have your ideal clients.
- White papers or ebooks to show your knowledge and generate leads
- Webinars are great for How to’s
Make sure you
- Create a catchy headline
- Write about a currently relevant topic
- Up to 1000 words
- Think about ensuring you are being helpful
- Links that will send people where you want them to go
Have money in your budget for Google Ads and/or Social Media Ads. Be smart about your advertising and think about it from the perspective of your ideal clients and what they are looking for. Solve problems with your advertising and make sure your ads are going to the relevant page that will answer their questions.
- A catchy relevant headline
- Unique images or a video
- A benefit from the call to action
Organic – It’s not just food, but it does grow
Having traffic arrive on your website in an organic way is by far the most wonderful thing. When your ideal clients are searching online and you show up in the results (unpaid) people know you are relevant. Consumers are smart and they know that Google is smart in offering up the results. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is the answer here to getting found long term.
Love it or hate it social media is great for your business. Make sure you are not relying on it for your business. Have a great website to direct people to from your social accounts.
- Post almost daily
- Share great images, videos, links and more
- Use relevant hashtags
- Be on the platforms that your ideal clients are on
- Participate in relevant groups by sharing your knowledge and helping rather than just selling
- Use paid advertising as mentioned above
- Link up shopping to Instagram for products
Products and services
If you are offering products or services so you drive the action to purchase? Do you have a call to action? The more content you have on these pages the more chances you have of being found when people are searching. Once they are on your website if they have all the answers they are more likely to buy.
- Ensure your description is clear
- Bullet points work really well to share the benefits and features
- Have great and clear visuals – quality photos or videos
- Share a review, quote or statistic for confidence
- If you have a product, make sure the delivery options and costs are clear
- List any common questions people have about this product or service
There are plenty of free online directories, business-relevant directories and large websites like True Local, HiPages, Houzz and more. Find ones that will help with your online exposure.
The more places that you can get your business online, the more chances you have of being found. When you are found you then have the opportunity to capture new business or remind previous clients about your business.
If you need help with any or all of these areas, contact Kelly at My Sassy Business
Make sure you subscribe to receive blogs like this straight to your inbox each week