Is 2020 a digital revolution for small business
If 2020 has taught us anything it is that we are all able to adapt.
One area that I am always passionate about (regardless of a pandemic) is that business needs to adapt to survive. If you are still doing things the same way you were doing them 5, 10 or even 20 years ago it is time to change. Year in year out you should be reviewing how you do business and looking for ways to improve.
Going digital is key!
For many traditional businesses, a big change was forced upon them and they have had to innovate or detonate. I am sure that Jobkeeper will be keeping many businesses alive that won’t last beyond the conclusion of Jobkeeper as they were not able to innovate.
Retail, in particular, has been damaged and especially so if they were ignoring technology.
For any business, technology can greatly improve the way we do business. From tradies using iPads to hairdressers sending you a text reminder for your next appointment, everyone can and should embrace it.
- You need a modern website this is as essential as scissors to a hairdresser. Consumers are smart and they have certain expectations when it comes to businesses online presence.
- If you are a retail business you need to be able to sell online.
- Social media is for ALL business.
- All your business data and IP should be stored in the cloud – if you are still using hard drives you are skating on thin ice.
- Just by having a modern computer, you are going to save time and by using portable technology like an iPad you can email quotes on the spot.
- You need a digital-first strategy to market your business
Has 2020 shown you that your business is not up to date?
Software like Xero, MYOB, Quickbooks and more have been around for quite some time. However, there is still business who refuse to use it. Out of fear or not wanting to spend the subscription fee the reasons vary. Little do they realise that by having this type of software you can reduce costs elsewhere. Your bookkeeping and accounting fees will be far less and you will save far more than the subscription fee.
What other software can your business use to save time and money?
Your business digital revolution
If you are not using technology in your small business you are working harder rather than smarter. Make today the day you decide to use technology to not only grow your business but to strengthen it for the long term. Take the steps you should have taken over the years to improve your offering and your online presence. Start your own digital revolution for your small business today.
In an era when people are using the internet for everything how are people going to find your business if you are not using tools like SEO, SMM and SEM to gain exposure.
At My Sassy Business, we know that technology is essential and even more so after 2020. What are you going to do to give your business the exposure it deserves?
If you need help marketing your business contact Kelly @ My Sassy Business.