Supercharge your Ecommerce site
While we always think of Christmas as the biggest time of year, for an e-commerce store you want to be selling all year round and not just for a couple of months each year.
With the gift giving season upon us, the vast majority of sales will go with the most talked about items like; Sony PlayStation, Apple products, hover boards etc.
If you are selling these kinds of products, then great news for you and if you are not you can still have your sales increase through this time of year.
- Make sure your entire site is optimized for maximum results. If you don’t know how to do it, learn or outsource it as it is essential and more affordable than you may realize.
- You need to make sure that your selling platform is easy to use.
- Any bugs in your website will send your buyers elsewhere
- You want real-time inventory updates
- The checkout process needs to be seamless
- Ensure that delivery costs are easy to find
- A detailed product description which is unique will help with your search results
A WordPress site will typically use WooCommerce and now powers more than 30% of online stores.
Mobile responsive and Google Friendly
- If you are running an e-commerce store that is not mobile responsive, you WILL be missing potential sales.
- Google is penalizing sites without mobile responsiveness and they are not in the search results.
- When people are shopping they are more likely to use their mobile to price check and you want the possibility of your site appearing in those results.
- If you are sending promotional email messages, try to send them mid morning. The reason for this is that most people will have cleared their inbox by the time yours comes through and they may have more time to view it.
- Ensure your social media sites are optimized for search results and consider outsourcing your Facebook management for a professional look and feel.
- Make sure you are posting several times each day and at the times that your ideal clients are looking
Having an e-commerce site is really hard work and you need to realize that you have to put in the hours and make sure you are appearing where your ideal clients are shopping so that they spend their money with you.
If you need any help in any of these areas make sure you sign up for an obligation free consultation to see how we can help you get your e-commerce store growing.
Make sure you subscribe to receive blogs like this one each week, delivered to your inbox.