Why your about page needs an overhaul?
If you have attracted a new or potential customer to your website, statistics show that more than 50% will go to your about page.
With this knowledge, if your about page is not done right you could be missing out on converting this visitor into a customer. Your about page is part of the lead generation to the conversion process.
Is your about page boring and just slapped together or does it add value?
Your website visitors will be asking
- Can this business help me with my problem
- What’s in it for me
- Am I on the right website
- What can I learn about this business
Your visitors do not want a ramble about how awesome you are without answering their questions.
How can your about page drive people to where you want them to go?
Your About Page
- Have a strong headline that drives people to read on and shows some benefit or perceived value.
- Create a picture of what your business is and what it is you do.
- Being authentic and transparent work to gain trust.
- Share a compelling back story of where the business came from.
- Show the mission of your business.
- Illustrate the values that make you stand out from the rest.
- Use plain English so that everyone can understand what you are saying and avoid industry terminology.
- Speak of the types of customers you have.
- Share some great images as part of your page.
Ensure that you have a call to action as part of your about page to get visitors hooked.
If your about page is boring and just talking about you it is time for an overhaul. Rewrite it and ensure that you tell people how you are solving their problems, telling them what to expect and ensuring they know they are on the right website. Then teach them about your business so they will want to do business with you.
If you need help with this – contact Kelly at My Sassy Business
Subscribe to receive blogs like this to your inbox each week.