Are you using Facebook for business
Do you have a Facebook page for your business?
Did you know that more than 2 billion people are on Facebook?
2 out of 3 Facebook users across all countries visit the page of a local business at least once each week. Facebook IQ.
Contrary to some sceptics – Facebook is not dead. How you are using it may be dead if you are not being proactive!
Long gone are the days of just posting and BAM lots of people seeing what you are posting. Yes, reach for both organic and paid ads has reduced massively but this does not mean the end of Facebook.
Remember that Facebook is a business too and they want you to use Facebook in a way that expands community interaction. As their algorithm continues to grow and change it is important that you grow and change with it so that you are not left behind.
If you don’t have a Facebook page for your business you may be missing out on exposure including space within the Google search results.
- It is still free
- Your Facebook Business Page is a free way to reach your audience both on computers and mobile devices.
- Google may index your Business Page, making it easier for people to find you in the Google search results.
- It has many free tools to connect with new and existing customers.
- You can advertise your business to drive traffic and increase sales or to gain exposure and it is very affordable.
Top Free Features
- Business information – Content about your business, address, phone number, hours, services, products and more.
- Posts – You can share relevant information to your followers with an image or video and encourage people to take action.
- Messages – You can communicate directly with your followers and even have automated responses.
- Tools – Set up events or appointments via Facebook and you can also list jobs to find the right people.
- Insights – You can see who likes, comments and shares, the best times of the day to post and more.
Growing your audience
- Share your page on your personal Facebook page – tell your friends and family.
- Invite friends to like your page and ask them to share your page with their networks on Facebook.
- Be Active – comment on other posts and within groups. Give without expectation!
- Share – aim to post relevant content every day.
- Advertise – use paid advertising to gain followers and to drive traffic. As Facebook owns Instagram, your ads can appear there too.
- Boost – When a post does well and it is relevant to your audience pay to boost it.
- Outsource – You don’t have to do everything yourself. Outsource your social media and get back to running your business.
For you to do today
If you don’t have a Facebook page set one up – If you do have one do the following…
- Update your Facebook cover photo and make a note to try to do this every month.
- Review your profile and make sure you have all your relevant information and that it is relevant and up to date. Include key terms within your story and about sections. Try to review your profile every 3-6 months
- Video – This is dominating social media so try it for your business.
Don’t make the mistake of ignoring a platform that has 2 billion users worldwide with 1 billion of that active daily. Remember it is 100% free until you decide to advertise so make the most of that opportunity. Remember that the vast majority of your ideal clients are using Facebook so you would be crazy not to be there too.
If you enjoyed this blog, make sure to subscribe.