Why social media is important
Are you using Facebook, Instagram or one of the others for your small business but not realising exactly how it adds value to your business. There are a variety of ways you can use this technology and a variety of ways you will add value to both your business and to your customers.
It is time to look at the value of social media and improve on what you are already doing.
If you are not using social media keep reading to see why it is important and how you can use it to your advantage as a business owner.
Show off who you are
- Simply, quickly and easily you can show off the best aspects of your business.
- Your potential clients and existing clients will use social media to easily find out more about your business.
- You can share your expertise through, images, videos, blogs, quotes and more via one or many social media sites. The uniqueness of your voice, values and services can be highlighted in this bite-size content ready for your ideal clients to consume.
- Show that your business is current and you are knowledgeable as to the tends or issues that surround your ideal clients. This works to build a level of confidence for people who want to do business with you.
- You can be authentic with your brand and share on a personal level to your followers using the power of social media.
Target and also attract
Social Media is and always has been a great way to attract new people to your brand and to target your ideal clients directly.
- Who are the ideal clients that can benefit from your products or services?
- Are you trying to gain a following for your business?
- Personalise your messages to both target and attract your ideal clients.
- Remember that social media give you control of what you share.
- Paid advertising can be incredibly targeted to your ideal demographics.
- Use social media with intention and you will get the benefits you are looking for.
Variety in your content
All social media platforms are quite different so if you are using more than one remember to tailor your message to each one individually. Don’t just use an auto-post option to each one.
Not all platforms are suitable for all businesses so choose the ones that you know your ideal clients are likely to be using.
Here is a list of the most popular:
Managing your social media can be difficult when you are busy trying to run your business. By enlisting the services of a social media marketer you will have more time to focus on your business. This professional will be able to share your business with a unique perspective and a direct focus to your ideal clients.
Realise the value
Social media is not going away anytime soon it is just continuing to grow. If your business is not leveraging the right social media channels you are going to be surpassed by your competitors who are. You don’t want your ideal clients embracing your competitors because you thought social media was just a fad.
More than 70% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand when they have had a positive experience with them on social media.
Paid advertising is ridiculously affordable when you compare it to print media. The reach is far greater and you are in control of how much you spend and for how long. Not to mention you can also advertise directly to your ideal clients and pop up in their news feeds.
It can be free – If you look after your own social media and don’t ever use paid ads it remains 100% free. Crazy to think that you can promote and engage with your business for zero cost across multiple platforms.
Outsourcing – When you choose to outsource you free up time in your own business. Your business is getting online exposure and you just have to look after running your business.
You may not know but social media also helps with SEO. Your business is now being seen across several platforms and this can help Google to understand just how relevant your business is and rank you better in the search results.
If you need help with your social media contact, Kelly @ My Sassy Business
Subscribe to the blog